This was our first year of having a garden and we had some zucchini growing up the woo-ha lol! I actually have never really ate a lot of zucchini before so didn't know what to do with it.
Our first meal with it was zucchini boats and now I just made some pizza bites! Both were delicious!!
Healthy, nutritious pizza bites that come together in just 20 minutes with only 5 ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshy ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add zucchini and cook, flipping once, until golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet. Top each zucchini round with marinara, mozzarella and pepperoni minis.
- Place into oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Italian seasoning, if desired.
The recipe is from damndelicious.net